Monday 24 March 2014

WIP of the week: Colour Waves Blanket

Let me start by showing you my oldest WIP - the Colour Waves Blanket.


The Colour Waves Blanket is a simple crochet ripple blanket that I started working on in June last year. It's based on the pattern Ophelia Buggy Blanket from the book Cute and Easy Crocheted Baby Clothes by Nicki Trench. I just decided to make it a little larger...

At the time, I had bought so much inexpensive cotton yarn that I needed to do something about it. I had been crocheting for about 4 months and felt confident enough to start a larger project. Also, a colourful throw to cheer up my daughter's nursery sounded like a good idea. I did make good progress for a couple of weeks, but then got sidetracked by other (less repetitive) projects towards the end of the year. So, long story short - this project has been lying dormant since December. Shame on me!

Now, I still like the idea of the blanket - still love how the colours have worked up so far. I WANT TO FINISH IT!


As of this day, the blanket measures 110cm x 80cm (44" x 32"). My initial goal was to make it at least square (unless one of the colours runs out first) - and that goal still stands. There is no way this will be a finished object by the end of the week - but I intend to add at least a couple of a couple of inches. I do not want this blanket to celebrate its first anniversary as a WIP in June...

No comments:

Post a Comment