Monday 14 July 2014

FO (Crochet): (Not so) Lil' Baby Unicorn

When the fantasy swap came up in the Geek & Nerd Swap Group and my partner had unicorns on her list of favourite fantasy creatures I knew immediately what I would make for her. I've had this cute Lil' Baby Unicorn pattern by Rachel Hoe in my queue for quite a while, because I wanted to make a baby unicorn for my daughter. I think I will have to make another one for her as a present for her upcoming birthday. These unicorns are just so darn cute!


The pattern calls for 8-ply yarn and a 3 mm hook (5 mm for the mane and tail). I used 10-ply cotton and went up to 4 mm and 6 mm hooks - resulting in an actually Not So Lil' Baby Unicorn. Forgot to take measurements before I sent it off, though.



As it always is with Amigurumi, the individual body parts worked up really quick... but when it comes to sewing those parts together I slow down... because (as you might know by now) that is the part that I still don't like a bit. The thing that always keeps me going is knowing that it will be worth every single bleeding finger...


... and it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment