Wednesday 16 July 2014

FO (Sewing): Shoulder Bag

I also wanted to make a bag for my swap partner in the Fantasy Swap, and I had come across some nice and fairly easy looking shoulder bag patterns in a magazine (Pauline in 3 Varianten - Sonderheft Patchwork Magazin Nr. 7 - Taschen selber machen). 


Most of the sewing was indeed fairly straightforward - apart from the fact that my sewing machine just doesn't seem to like working through multiple layers of fabric and fusible fleece. Oh, and I still have to work on my curved seams. 

The hardest part was turning the strap right side out... oh, did my fingers hurt... a day later it felt as if I had hit my finger with a hammer! And I will have to do it again, because I definitely want to make another bag for myself. It's just the right size to take anywhere - it's not huge, but it will hold a purse, keys,... even a small knitting project if need be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment