Thursday 12 June 2014

FO (knitting): Tequila Sunrise Socks

With my Shadowboxing Socks done, and the start of the Solid Socks Mystery still a couple of days away at the end of May, I felt I needed another quick pair of socks on my needles. Vanilla Latte Socks had been in my queue for a while, and I had that very cheery looking striping yarn in my stash. It seemed a perfect match - and I have not regretted my choice of pattern and yarn. 

The socks knit up quick enough, but still took me ten days to complete because... well... as usual I was working on multiple projects at the same time. I chose a twisted stitch ribbing for the cuff and a slip stitch ribbing for the heel flap. And - oh - I love that colour way... although it turned my Vanilla Latte into Tequila Sunrise...


Funny thing is - these are actually not the colours I would usually go for, and I'm not sure why I bought that yarn in the first place - guess it must have been a miserable, grey and rainy day... but hey! I couldn't be happier now. It's almost a pity that the last couple of days have been so hot - so I haven't had a chance to really wear my new socks yet (except for two minutes to take a picture).



No comments:

Post a Comment