Thursday 5 June 2014

FO: Shadowboxing Socks and Crochet Dragon

Just want to show you the last two projects I finished in May.

Shadowboxing
The first one are my HiyaHiya Shadowboxing Socks. I absolutely enjoyed knitting these. The lace pattern is really easy to remember, making these socks a nice relaxing knit. Only thing I modified was the heel flap - I used a slip stitch ribbing rather than the regular 1x1 ribbing the pattern called for. 



Here be dragons...
My last May project was a little dragon I crocheted for a swap. I actually finished it a good two weeks ago, but didn't want to post pictures before the parcel had arrived.


I found the pattern in a magazine (Simply Häkeln Spezial Amigurumi Vol. 1), and I knew I had to make that dragon at one point. Then the D'Clutter Swap in the Geek & Nerd Swap group came up, my partner loved dragons, and I figured it was the perfect time to use up all that green cotton yarn that had been sitting in my stash for months. As it always is with amigurumi, I loved making all the individual parts, even the tiny bit of embroidery for the face... but sewing it all together... oh, that's the part I don't like. And it seems to take ages... mainly because I don't like it and work on other projects between sewing on limbs. But it's so worth it in the end. Because... well, just look at that cute little dragon...


1 comment: