Sunday 1 June 2014

FOs (Sewing): Reversible Drawstring Bag and The Owl Dress

Reversible Drawstring Bag



I tried out another project bag tutorial and loved it. It's fairly easy to sew, the bag is a nice size (perfect for socks), and it's reversible! I made this as a last minute swap gift - but I will make at least one for myself once I've finished some other sewing projects.




The Owl Dress


Yes, it's done! I finally finished my daughter's owl dress. It sure isn't perfect, but I'm still really pleased that I made it through the pattern (to be found in: sabrina Nähen special: Kinderträume aus Stoff zum Selbermachen).


It was a great learning experience, and it did turn out cute! What I love most about this dress is that it doesn't look to "girly" - it's just the perfect little dress to wear while out playing.


My little girl had been very excited about this dress ever since I had told her what I was making and that it would be for her. Then on Friday I received the owl buttons I had ordered (I had been looking for owl buttons for weeks, and finally found some that I liked last week), and I told her that she could wear her dress as soon as I had sewn on the buttons. Actually wanted to do that Friday night, but got distracted... Saturday morning after breakfast, she goes to the living room, sees her dress... "button?, button?". Oops... So, I sat down to attach those buttons, told her to sit down beside me and watch... which she did very patiently - I've rarely seen her sit that still... Needless to say she had to put it on rightaway - and she seemed so happy wearing it! 

I'm already looking into sewing more clothes for her - started working on a pair of trousers, and found some other adorable dress patterns...

No comments:

Post a Comment