Friday 27 June 2014

Knit WIPs again...

Mystery Blackberry Shawl

Yes, still working on the Mystery Shawl. I have completed the first three clues out of five, took a break from it to finish some swap projects (again...) and hope to pick it up again soon to start the next clue.


I am at a point now where I feel I can't more than four rows at a time before I need to change back to a project that takes less focus. Knitting lace with lace weight yarn is just so much more challenging knitting lace with sock weight yarn...


Green Monkey Socks 

Socks again! This pattern (Monkey by Cookie A) was one of the options for the sock KAL in the Beginner's KAL group, and I loved the look of it. The lace pattern is easy to remember and knits up quickly.


I had been wanting to try a "cooler" sock yarn for a while and went with a wool / cotton blend for these socks. I'm very happy with how that yarn is working up - it's got a great stitch definition and does indeed feel a lot more summery than standard sock wool. I'll have to see how it will hold up with washing and wearing, but I so far love that yarn.


Dream Socks (Solid Socks June / July Mystery)

Uhm, yeah - more socks! Once again I just couldn't resist the Solid Socks Mystery. Oh, and it's such a lovely pattern this month - so glad I joined! Last clue was released last week, and I'm looking forward to finishing these.


All Seasons Cardigan

I haven't made any clothing for my little girl in a while - but have had the All Seasons Cardy by Kelly Brooker queued for quite some time. What I love about the pattern is that it is written for lots of different sizes, but also for a couple of different yarn weights. I had some nice dark red yarn lying around; bought it a while back with a different pattern in mind, but have since lost interest in that particular pattern - so I decided to use it for the All Seasons Cardy instead.



I still have a couple of inches to knit for the lace section, but it's working up quickly, and I think my daughter will be able to wear it soon.


Harvest Cardigan

I have actually made some progress on the cardigan I am knitting for myself. I'm ready to start the garter border now - and then I "only" need to knit the sleeves. Yay! Maybe it will be ready (and wearable) when autumn comes...



No comments:

Post a Comment