Tuesday 1 April 2014

Bucket Bag

I went ahead and made the bucket bag from the Craftsy tutorial I mentioned in my previous post.



Overall, I'm very happy with how it turned out, in spite of some crooked seems. It was my first time working with interfacing and fusible fleece, and  the fleece especially didn't make sewing straight easier... the result being that my stitching on the handle is far from parallel to the handle edges. Also, I had some issues sewing the bottom in -  the rest of the bag seemed to get in the way all the time, and I ended up with some minor creases in the exterior bottom seam.

Still, I love this bag. It stands up on its own - which I think is wonderful for a project bag. But the best feature by far are the customised pockets that run around the entire bag. I made some narrow pockets for needles or pens / pencils, some slighlty wider ones for a pair of scissors or a ruler, and two really wide ones for instruction sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment