Friday 4 April 2014

FOs: Peach Leaves Socks and Reversible Tote

I've got two more finished projects to show this week.

First up is a pair of Socks. The pattern is called Peach Leaves Lace Socks by Qianer Huang. The yarn I used is Vendita sock yarn. I purchased it at one of the local discounters a while back, and while it is fairly inexpensive yarn, I can't complain about quality. I've used it for socks before, and it is sturdy, holds up well in the washing machine, and is still quite soft.


I have been taking part in her knit-alongs now and then since October last year, and I'm really enjoying her sock patterns. When I first tried to make (plain) socks I would end up with a single sock, just because I got bored after the first one. Anyway, I have been very disappointed in storebought socks lately, so I figured I should start knitting my own socks. My goal this year is to knit one pair of socks every month. The knit a-longs help a great deal when it comes to actually finishing complete pairs, and so do the lace and cable designs - they keep the knitting interesting.


Oh, and the socks do actually fit, too.

My second finished project is another bag. It's a reversible tote, and the pattern is from the second Craftsy class on bag-making basics (reversible tote and zipper pouch). Of the bags I have made so far, I found this bag to be the easiest to sew, and I like how it turned out.

This is what I consider the "outside" of the bag:


And this is the "inside". As you can see, this tote has got a cute little pocket on the inside.


While it is a reversible bag (technically), I like the look of the "outside" better. I think if were to I make a second one, I would not choose three different fabrics, but only two, and make the lining the same colour as the outer top, and the pocket the colour of the outer bottom and handles. Well, chances are I will make a second one... but next in line is the zipper pouch.

Oh, and what happened to my WIP of last week - the colour waves blanket? Well, I actually did get about 4.5 inches done, so I've still got about 7.5 inches ahead of me, and then the border. I noticed two mistakes I must have made yesterday while not paying enough attention to what I'm doing - but I have decided not to rip back to fix them. I just want to get that blanket done before June...

No comments:

Post a Comment