Thursday 17 April 2014

FO: Cabled Tree Sweater Vest

I finished the sweater vest for my daughter a couple of days ago.


I knit the back first, and then the front - and I must say that this was a good decision. The back is basically the front without the tree: ribbing, stockinette, a couple of rows of seed stitch, and then reverse stockinette - knits up quickly and was just enough patterning for me not to get bored. Still, knitting the tree on the front was something I was looking forward to doing  - that alone made me finish the back part in no time. The front took a little longer because of the cable pattern, but I tremendously enjoyed that part.

To make a long story short - I could have completed this project a lot sooner, if it hadn't been for the seaming. I don't like seaming, and I usually try to avoid it. So the finished (and blocked) pieces had to wait a couple of days until I felt in the mood to stitch them together. Sure, I could have knit this in the round up to the sleeve separation and then grafted the shoulders together. But I think once in a while I should practise seaming - and if it's just to prove to myself that I can do it...

I am actually quite happy with how the finished piece turned out. And I'm glad that I chose to make it a bit larger than my daughter's current size - she seems to have hit another growth spurt those last couple of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment