Wednesday 9 April 2014

My first zipper!

In my last post I mentioned that I wanted to make the zipper pouch from the Craftsy class on Bag Making Basics. Well, I did - a couple of days ago, actually... just didn't find time to post.

Here's the result:



I was a bit worried about sewing in the zipper, because I had never done it before, but it was easier than I thought! I'm so glad that I tried. The whole thing took me just over an hour to sew - and I was checking the video tutorials frequently (this was after all my first attempt at this pattern).


I did make a tiny mistake, though: I forgot to trim the corners before I turned the pouch right side out and closed the last seam - this leaves the corners slighlty rounded. As I said - tiny, tiny mistake. I love my new pouch and have put it to use right away.



I think these make really nice little gifts (especially as they are so quick to make), and I'll definitely sew more of these (already got a couple of zippers). Anyway, I do need to make one for my daughter first - she is trying to claim mine all the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment