Thursday 24 April 2014

FOs: Crazy Stripey Cabley Socks and Blowing in the Wind Socks

Almost forgot to give an update on my sock week. I finished both the Cable socks and the Knitting Madness Spring KAL socks.

Crazy Stripey Cabley Socks

I love how my Crazy Stripey Cabley Socks turned out, and they also fit really well. I wore them all day yesterday and my, they are comfortable.


Now, I've got a good chunk of that yarn left, and since little Helena kept on asking me whether those socks would be for her (she obviously loves the colours) I'm going to make a pair for her as well. I have not decided on a pattern yet - might end up making up my own pattern for her.

Blowing in the Wind Socks

As I mentioned before, the Blowing in the Wind Socks came out a bit wide. They fit well enough not to fall down, but I can't wear them in (tight) shoes.


The patterning is just beautiful, though, and they do indeed make great house socks. Thank you, Natalie from Marigoldsloft, for letting me take part in your knit-along - it was such great fun. Oh, and these were my fastest full size socks to date!

Now I've only got one more pair of socks on my needles - at least until I start the next pair - but that is another story and will be told in the next WIP update...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking part in the knitalong, your socks turned out wonderfully.
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful pattern. Thank you for sharing it with me.

      Delete