Wednesday 30 April 2014

WIPs - Progress Reports and New Projects

Of the WIPs I wrote about last time, five are still active.

Colour Waves Blanket

I'm trying to make sure to add a row or two every other day. It's still going slow, but I'm seeing some progress. I'll post a new picture once the body of the blanket is done, before I move on to the border.

Harvest Cardigan

With all the socks I've been making, I have not found a lot of time to work on my cardigan, so it still looks pretty much the same as it looked last time. Won't bother you with another picture of it.

New Oaklet Shawl

I've finished the knitting, and just have to block the shawl now. It was a very pleasant and relaxing knit, with and easy, but still pretty, beginner lace pattern. I'm very pleased with how this shawl turned out, and I am sure it will look even more beautiful once it's blocked - I'm always amazed what a difference blocking makes with those lace shawls. Looking forward to seeing it finished.


Blue Mystery Socks

This is what my socks looked like last Friday, just before the last clue was released:



I am now in the middle of the last clue for the mystery socks - the foot and the toe. I do unfortunately have rather long feet, and still need to knit about 3 cm of foot before I can start the toes. I hope to finish them over the weekend.

Owl Dress

I forgot to take a new picture, but I'm actually almost done sewing my first ever toddler dress. It's actually not looking too bad so far, and I hope I won't screw up on the last step - attaching bias tape around the yoke and shoulder straps. I promise to take a picture once it's finished and show it here.

Blackberry Mystery Shawl

I joined the Goddess Knits Mystery Shawl KAL, and yes - started another shawl. It's the first time I'm using lace weight yarn (Schoppel-Wolle Lace Ball in the blackberry colourway). I found it a bit fiddly to start with, but once I had knit a couple of rows I started to enjoy the pattern.



I finished the first clue in time, but I will fall behind on the second clue - too much going on in the non-crafting part of my life this week... Oh well, it's not a race, and I will finish in my own time.

Sock Yarn Blanket

Actually, not a WIP yet - the Beginner's Knit-Along Group are starting another KAL special - Bits & Bobs Blankets - tomorrow. Anyway, since I am producing quite a bit of sock yarn leftovers these days, I decided to join in the fun and make this blanket. I have not decided on a size yet, but however big it will become - it's going to take ages... but it will be fun!

The reason I'm including this future project is because I have already made a test (or - I you will - gauge) square.



I did that just to figure out a good number of stitches to cast on. I have settled for 61 cast-on stitches. This will give me nicely sized squares (approx. 11 cm x 11 cm) - not too tiny, not too large.

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment